Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hayleigh Cummings and homicide grief

A little girl has been missing in central Florida for the past few days. It echoes the Jessica Lunsford case.

I have difficulty watching other people's tragedies on the news. I didn't watch hardly any of the Caylee Anthony news coverage. I had a difficult time wrapping my mind around what the young mother Casey Anthony may or may not have done.

It's just since my daughter in law died it's difficult to open myself up to other people's pain.

I feel myself slowly healing though because I'm becoming less self absorbed and more concerned about others now. For the past year it's been all about my daughter in law.

It still is mostly about my daughter in law but I'm able to at least pray now for other people.

It's odd, I have trouble praying for myself and my own family. The prayers are weak. My anger is still strong towards God. I can't understand why these babies have to suffer. And whether they are 3, 5, 7,8, or 9, they are babies. And they are suffering.

I wonder sometimes if the man that killed my daughter in law went after her because she was so tiny and small. Maybe he thought of her as a child. I think of her as a child. She was only 21. To me that's a baby. All my babies are older than she was. And eyewitness who saw the abduction mistook her for a child.

Anyhow, whatever the case. I don't understand why little Jessica Lunsford had to suffer.

Or Coral Rose Fullwood.

I don't get it. I'll never get it. And each time someone goes missing whether it's a child or an adult it just brings back those days when we didn't know where my daughter in law was.

That's why I stayed away from the Caylee Anthony case. She was missing for so long.

I hope they find this little girl soon. And I pray they bring her home safe. God bless her family during this time.

No comments: