Friday, March 6, 2009

the latest on Haleigh/Hayleigh Cummings

I still want to spell it Hayleigh.

In any case, I haven't blogged about her in a while because other cases and other tragedies have taken my attention away. See my other blog. And also because there really isn't any news!

This tonight:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/06/haliegh.trailer.crime.scene/

I can tell you that the father, Roland/Ronald's not wanting to live in the trailer/house since she was taken does ring true. I probably should have written this before because it's been reported repeatedly. I just want to set the record straight that this makes sense and that is what happened with us.

When Denise was taken none of us wanted to re-entered the house. It's been over a year and I still haven't been by it or even want to go near it. Nathan and the babies never re-entered the house as far as I know of. My husband, Mark, his brother Steve and Deborah, Steve's wife were the ones that eventually entered Nathan's house after it was no longer a crime scene. They were the ones who went through everything and packed it up. You can read a little about it here:

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/2009/01/special-thank-you-to-steve-and-deborah.html

We simply couldn't go back. I never EVER want to see that house again. For a while I wasn't sure I'd ever enter the city of North Port again. But the citizens of North Port well.... they've been phenomenally supportive and wonderful. Go North Port! They've been well..... just indescribable in their support.

I sure wish they'd find this little girl. I can hardly read some of the accounts in the paper. I have no idea what to think of the family. I've tried to defend them in every way. I do hope they unite and stay strong.

They have such a long road ahead of them.

That's all I wanted to say. The story of not wanting to go back into the place where Haleigh/Hayleigh was taken definitely rings true.

God bless them all.

No comments: